The Festool TS 55 REQ is not your standard circular saw. It is on a whole new advanced level for a portable circular saw. With its accuracy & versatility, a better comparison of this saw would be to the most advanced table saws, miter saws or panel saws available. Add in its incredible portability & unbelievable ease of use, & you have a precision-cutting solution like no other, at home or in the highest-end cabinet shop, as well as an onsite remodel. With the addition of micro-adjustable depth controls & a flat housing for flush-cutting against walls or adjacent surfaces, the TS 55 REQ is Festool's most advanced plunge cut saw ever.
Special Features & Benefits
• Guide rail guidance: When used with Festool guide rails, you have ultimate control for perfectly laser-straight cuts
• The special variable speed allows you to match the speed of the saw to the material. The electronics also maintain a consistent speed under load, improving cut performance & protecting the saw’s motor from thermal & current overload
• Special splinterguard: Splinter-free cuts are achievable on both sides of the blade - Eliminate tear out on both sides of your cut line
• Triple motor bearing improves the smoothness of cutting action & extends the service life of the tool
• Special riving knife prevents kickback
• Precise depth adjustments with additional micro-adjustable depth controls
• Depth of cut is 1-15/16" deep at 90°, & 1-7/16" depth of cut at 45° angle
• Easy, fast, & safe blade change with the special "Fast-Fix Blade" feature
• Dust extraction system provides little or no mess at all when working
• Rotating dust port prevents hose from getting in the way of work
• Compact systainer case included: Enables you to conventiently & effieciently take your work anywhere
About Festool ~ From the Manufacturer
Our German engineered tools are the most well-designed & constructed tools in the world. Festool has become the ultimate solution for professionals in virtually every field where precision & attention to detail are the standards & not the exception. We have built our reputation by obsessing over the details that make the difference on which you can build your reputation. It is our guarantee that you will not be disappointed in the performance or durability of our products. Over 90 Years of Innovation - Since 1925.
Power Consumption 1,200 / 10 amps, 120 V AC Saw Blade Speed 2,000 - 5,200 rpm Saw Blade Diameter 6-1/4" (160 mm) Bevel Cuts -1° -47° (positive stops at 0° & 45°) Cutting Depth on Guide Rail 1-15/16" (50 mm) straight down & 1-7/16" (37 mm) at 45° Cutting Depth Without Guide Rail 2-1/8" (55 mm) straight down Cutting Depth at 45° 1-11/16" (43 mm) Arbor Size .787" (20 mm) Weight 9.92 lb (4.5 kg) Product UPC 4014549305447